Research is an integral part of any academician’s career growth and one has to make continuous endeavour to ‘create knowledge’ i.e. to do research. Dhofar University (DU) recognizes research as one of the main pillars of academic excellence as explicitly mentioned in its mission statement. All efforts are being made to encourage research among its faculty members and to create a conducive environment for credible research. As a consequence, DU is currently ranked 2nd in Research among all private Universities in Oman based on its ResearchGate(RG) score. Despite being a relatively new institution, from 2009 until 2020, DU successfully secured funds for 13 faculty research projects and 24 student research projects from “The Research Council” in areas of Energy & Industry, Information Technology & Communication, Languages, Health & sciences, Culture, Basic and Human Sciences, Social Sciences and EcoHouse Project. Both OAAA and ASIC has awarded the “Satisfactory” and “commendable” status to Research standards at DU.
- “Satisfactory” Status by OAAA
- “Commendable” Status by ASIC
- Graded “HIGH” in Research output by QS
- 2nd Highest RG Scorer among Private HEIs in Oman
- Ranked 1st Private HEI in Oman and 55th in Arab world for International Research Netwrok by QS
- Ranked 1st Private HEI in Oman and 16th in Arab world for Publishing Papers by QS
- Ranked 1st in Priavte HEI and 2nd overall Oman by Publon-Clarivate (Web of Science Reviewer Database)